It is really difficult to avoid carpet stains, no matter how hard you try. If you have small children or pets, you know that. There are a lot of ways to deal with the spots. Some of them are more expensive and time-consuming, some are less. But there is something, which could be found in most homes. You will be surprised to find out that shaving cream could be a cleaning agent! And it’s easy to use and quite reliable. If you apply it on the carpet immediately after spilling anything, the cream will prevent spots from spreading.
Cleaning carpet with shaving cream
You are wondering how come a cream could sanitize? The secret is that the plain shaving cream is a kind of whipped soap. It doesn’t contain any greasy emollients or dyes. That is why it is good for disinfecting. If you’ve just made a stain on the carpet, use a dry, clean cloth or some sheets of paper towel. Don’t rub too hard while soaking up the excess liquid!
Cleaning list for home carpet clean
It is possible to use shaving cream for carpet cleaning, although it is not a commonly used method. Here is a general guide for using shaving cream to clean carpet:
- First, don’t forget to sweep the carpet, so you can remove most of the dirt;
- Proceed with vacuuming the carpet thoroughly to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Next, apply a generous amount of shaving cream to the stain. Be sure to completely cover the stain with the cream.The layer of the cream should be thick at least 1 inch. Take a scrub brush and rub in the shaving cream. Be careful not to rub very harshly to protect the carpet fibers
- Let the shaving cream sit on the stain for at least an hour. This will give the cream time to work on breaking down the stain.
- After the waiting period, use a clean, damp cloth to blot the shaving cream and stain. Be sure to use a gentle, blotting motion and not to scrub the carpet, as this could cause the stain to spread or become harder to remove.
- If the stain is not completely removed, you can repeat the process until it is gone.
- Prepare a solution of vinegar and water. Vinegar is a strong and eco-friendly cleaning agent. Dampen a cloth in it and then use it to remove the cream.
- Once the stain is removed, rinse the carpet thoroughly with water to remove any remaining shaving cream. Be sure to blot the carpet dry with a clean towel to remove any excess moisture.
It is important to keep in mind that this method may not work on all types of stains, and it is always a good idea to test the shaving cream on a small, inconspicuous area of the carpet before using it on a larger stain.
Other home carpet cleaning DYI methods:
There are several DIY methods for cleaning carpets that you can try at home:
- Vacuuming: This is the most basic method for keeping your carpets clean. Be sure to vacuum your carpets at least once a week to remove dirt, dust, and other debris.
- Steam cleaning: Steam cleaning uses hot water and a cleaning solution to remove dirt and stains from carpets. You can rent or purchase a steam cleaner to use at home.
- Dry cleaning: Dry cleaning uses a special cleaning powder that is spread over the carpet, left to absorb dirt and stains, and then vacuumed up. This method is quick and convenient, but it may not be as effective as other methods at removing deep stains
- Shampooing: Shampooing uses a cleaning solution and a machine with rotating brushes to scrub the carpet and remove dirt and stains. This method can be effective, but it can also leave behind a lot of moisture, which can take a long time to dry.
- Spot cleaning: For small stains or spills, you can try spot cleaning using a mixture of water and a mild detergent. Blot the stain with a clean, damp cloth, being careful not to rub the stain, as this can cause it to spread.
Again do not forget It is always a good idea to test any cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the carpet before using it on a larger stain, as some cleaners can cause discoloration or damage to the carpet.
Conclusion home carpet cleaning service
You see – there is nothing complicated. Get rid of the stains on your carpet with that simple method! But remember that gel-based, menthol or colored shaving cream might discolor your carpet. So be careful! If the spots are too big or too tough and you can’t handle them by yourself. Then you should rely on professional cleaning service. That’s how you can be completely sure your carpet will be and will remain in great condition.
Remember if you have any difficulties with carpet clean. You can always contact our professional carpet cleaning service. We will be happy to assist you not only with the carpet clean but with all your house cleaning needs.