Admit it that you haven’t cleaned your silver items for a while and you promise yourself that next week you will take your silver jewelry to a professional to restore its bright condition but you just postpone until you can’t stand seeing the tarnish and grime onto your valuable possessions. The lack of time is a serious problem nowadays and you would definitely be happy to know how to clean your silver stuff with homemade cleaning agents. The following solutions can be applied not only to expensive pieces of jewelry but to silver kitchen cutlery as well.
- If you are a person who actually cares about the environment and the negative effects of the toxic detergents on your health, the mixture of salt and baking soda should be your irreplaceable Bromley house cleaning assistant. Add some water to make a thick paste and gently scrub the silver object with a cotton swab in order to remove any signs of tarnish.
- Removing corrosion from silver is a bit more complicated. You will need one teaspoon of ammonia, dishwashing solution and water. Soak a cotton swab into the mixture and scrub the inaccessible places.
- In case you have to deal with larger silver objects, you have to use a soft rug or a sponge for applying the cleaning solution, otherwise scratches may occur.
- You can also use this technique when you want to remove the grease from the oven racks. However, you have to soak them in a mixture of dishwashing liquid and hot water or scrub them with a lemon. Your oven cleaning mission will be, without a doubt, really successful.
- When you are done removing the dirt from the silver object, you have just one more step before seeing them flawlessly clean and shiny. The next step is the well-known polishing and you have to get mineral oil and a soft cloth. Apply the oil to the cloth and gently polish the surfaces. You will be amazed by the end result. After you finish, you may start with the Islington upholstery cleaning procedure, or you may entrust it to the local professionals.
It does not matter if you want to restore the great condition of the tray you use for baking or you want to continue wearing your favourite necklace, you should not find any difficulties during the cleaning procedure. Your silver objects will serve you right for many years to come provided that you take good care of them.