Whether high or low, the coffee table is something one should be proud of. Some of the alternatives to the standard coffee table are universal, others are equipped with storage space, while others are made of old objects. What they have in common is their ability to attract attention and to be transformed into the focal point of the living room.
Check out some ideas for smart alternatives to normal coffee tables:
Crates or pallets. Old pallets or crates are characterized by versatility and are a great substitute for regular tables. They may simply be placed upside down, but it is also possible to use screws, so that the table becomes stable and can be moved. Paint will transform completely this project.
Suitcase. The big old suitcase not only adds vintage charm of the room, but there is an additional function – providing space for storing some belongings. This is an ideal option for people who do not have much space available. It is also possible to cover the top with a watertight piece that will protect the surface from traces of water or coffee. Your house cleaners will be definitely impressed from your original and nonstandard coffee table.
Mat. You can put it on the basis of plywood that can easily be removed later if a person decides to install a carpet on the floor. The visual impression is that the rug flies.
Removable table. A piece of glass with the appropriate sizes can easily turn into great coffee table. You only have to put some wheels, which will ensure the mobility of the table. Thus during your carpet cleaning, you will only move the table away.
Log. People who want to bring nature into the interior of the living room can think of processed log. It will create a rustic atmosphere.
Drums. If you have drums that you don’t use for playing, you can change their application and to start using them as a set of fun coffee tables. We only need to put panels of glass that would protect the surface of the drums.
Additional great ideas for smart alternatives to traditional coffee table
Here you can find some more super interesting ideas for alternatives to traditional coffee tables that can add a unique touch to your living room or den. Some options include:
- Ottoman with a tray on top: Ottomans are a comfortable and stylish alternative to coffee tables. You can place a tray on top to hold drinks and snacks.
- Nesting tables: Nesting tables are a set of tables that can be stacked together when not in use, and pulled apart when you need extra table space.
- Bench: A bench can serve as a coffee table and provide additional seating.
- Chest: An old chest or trunk can make a unique coffee table with plenty of storage space inside.
- Basket: A large basket can be used as a coffee table and can be filled with blankets, pillows, or other household items.
- Tree stump: If you have a natural, rustic style, a tree stump can make a unique and charming coffee table.
- Bar cart: A bar cart can be repurposed as a coffee table and can hold drinks, books, and other items.
Conclusion for using smart alternatives for your home
See? If you are creative, you can invent your own, super original coffee table. Do not be afraid to experiment! Take on that DIY project and will be satisfied with what you have done with your own hands. And at the end of the day your house will look better and will feel more comfortable. Now you may want to learn how to clean after your cat while using the different kinds of home smart alternatives.